5 December 2016
Taking place last month was our inaugural foodie event at Lure, the Celebrity Chef Feast. Gathering together some incredible local and regional guest chef, the team at Lure put together an iconic event on the Whitsunday food calendar.
The seven-course degustation menu was accompanied by a range of quality vintage wines by Philip Shaw Wineries, with each course inspired by a different guest chef. The menu for the evening made mouths water and we wanted to share the delights that were on the table:
1st Course/ Canapes – created by Rod Ramsay: served with The Edinburgh sparkling wine
- Salmon tartare, apple & fennel salad, baby coriander.
- Southern fried buttermilk chicken, chipotle aioli
2nd Course – created by Rod Ramsay: served with No (Block) 19 Sauvignon Blanc
- Slow roasted pork belly, banana prawn quenelle, smoked water melon, white balsamic jus & pickled red cabbage
3rd Course – created by Ben Williamson: served with Wire Walker Pinot Noir
- Kibbeh Nayyeh” lamb tartare, harissa, preserved lime, shallot, pickled, cucumber, egg yolk, bughul cracker
4th Course – created by Kev Collins: served with The Architect Chardonnay
- Crispy skinned coral trout in ginger & chilli infused broth. Green paw paw, mango salad with mint, coriander and roasted peanuts
5th Course – created by Ben Williamson: served with No 89 Shiraz
- Wagyu beef, charred eggplant puree, red elk, smoked tea salt (GF)
6th Course – created by Chloe Bowles: served with Off-Dry Experimenting Riesling
- Fresh rosewater lychee, raspberry labneh mousse and friandises
7th Course – served with No 17 Cabernet Merlot
- Selection of Gallo cheese from Atherton Tableland
Putting the Whitsundays on the food map is something the team at Lure are passionate about, so we will be bringing more unique food events to the region into the future.
A huge thanks to all involved and we can’t wait for the next one.
Share this Post