Wheather it’s outrageously glamorous weddings or a corporate gala dinner, the trend today is to seat guests at long communal tables.
As with everything, there are advantages and disadvantages to hiring long rectangular tables for your event.
- You save money on venue space hire as they take up less space
- It’s trendy
- It’s easier to take stunning photos of a long line of decor at the table unimpeded by guests’ backs
- You save money on tablecloth hire because you need fewer long tablecloths than round tablecloths for the same number of guests
- Long rustic communal tables are faster for staff, your stylist and yourself to set up, decorate and/or serve guests at than round tables
- It creates an intimate sense of community with your immediate table neighbours
- You may need to hire rectangular tables if your venue only supplies round tables
- Long tables prevent free conversation across the entire table
- People seated at the end have fewer people to talk to and don’t feel special as a result
- Most long tables are surprisingly narrow which will limit your centrepiece options
- People are more likely to switch guest place cards on a long table than on a round table if they don’t like where they’ve been seated.
Share this Post