Lure today played host to ”Shark Tank” host/ entrepreneur Steve Baxter, alongside other industry leaders in a workshop exploring ”building a global business from anywhere”.
The Whitsunday and Proserpine Chamber of Commerce collaborated on this project to bring an expert panel of speakers to the region and give Whitsunday business owners their insight and mentoring.
- Steve Baxter – founder of Brisbane technology startup hub River City Labs, the mission leader for Startup Catalyst and the CEO of Transition Level Investments.
- Carly Brown – Founder of Une Piece and former Marketing Manager for Uber & Revlon
- Llew Jury – Founder of Reload Media
With over 60 guests attending the hour long session followed by light networking lunch, the message in the room was clear:
- Understanding what your customer wants and how to connect with them emotionally- this is the source of any new business opportunity
- Innovate to solve a problem, not for the sake of it
- Always continue to educate yourself – read books, listen to podcasts, take an online course – knowledge is power
- Create networks which add value to your business – work collaboratively within your industry to grow your business
Share this Post