2 January 2017
The new year is here and with it comes new year’s resolutions. Promises we make to ourselves in terms of doing more exercise, saving money, changing careers and building better relationships often start with the best of intentions and by the time we get to the first week of February they have all gone by the wayside! It’s easily done, life gets in the way and takes over.
Here are our suggestions for some easily achievable New Year’s resolutions which don’t require money or a lot of time, but will contribute greatly to your mental health and wellbeing:
1. Get outdoors – at least once or twice a week, go for a walk, swim in the ocean, sit under a tree and watch the world go by. Take in the beauty of nature, feel the wind in your hair and breathe!
2. Read a book – we all spend far too much time on social media, the internet, watching Netflicks or working after hours, when none of these are going to relax and calm the mind. Our suggestion – try and read at least one book per month for the next 12 months and see what a difference it make to your general wellbeing.
3. Eat raw – research has proven that eaten a portion of raw vegetables/ fruit per day can have amazing health benefits. Not only is it great for you, but saves time to spend doing other things as you don’t have to cook!
4. Connect – connect with family, connect with friends and connect with yourself. Take time to have a conversation, enjoy someone’s company, listen to what people say without distractions, give someone a hug, invite someone over or just take 5 minutes to connect with yourself and regroup
5. Act of kindness – whether it be helping someone to their car with their shopping or holding open a door, giving someone directions or smiling and saying G’day as you pass someone in the street, all these are small things which don’t cost money but make a difference in people’s life and make a difference to the way we all behave. Show people kindness above all else.
Whatever you choose from the list above, embrace the new year and everything it brings.
Happy New Year, from team Lure.
Share this Post