7 November 2016
Whether you are visiting the region for a conference, wedding or just for a holiday there are five activities that we recommend you must do in Airlie Beach. Since Airlie Beach is considered the heart of the Whitsunday ‘Aquatic Playground’ most of our suggestions are on the water, near the water or with water views.
We may be a little biased, but our location at Abell Point Marina overlooking the Whitsunday islands, provides team Lure the insight into the best tours, activities and experiences for visitors to our wonderful region.
Here is our top 5 ‘must do’ Airlie Beach activities:
- Jetski Tours– book onto one of the awesome jetski tours departing from Abell Point Marina and experience Airlie Beach and the surrounds from a different perspectibe. For the more adventurous, choose the Daydream Island jetski tour, which departs daily from the marina and visits the resort with lunch included and a chance to experience the Living Reef exhibit and get up close and personal with lemon sharks, sting rays and possibly even find Nemo! For bookings contact Whitsunday Jetskis
- Segway Adventures – departing from Airlie Beach daily and heading along the Bicentennial walkway all the way to the neighbouring suburb of Cannonvale, this is one of the best ways to experience the magical water vistas of the region from land. The tours stop at the locals favourite, Fat Frog Café, for refreshments and then heads back into Airlie passing through Abell Point Marina and Airlie Beach Lagoon. Suitable for all ages. For bookings contact Whitsunday Segway
- Go Bareboating – whether you are here for a long weekend or for a couple of weeks, by far the best way to experience the magic of the Whitsundays is on a bareboating holiday. Get your family, friends or colleagues together and skipper yourself around the Whitsunday islands. No formal license is required, just some boating experience. A full briefing will be provided prior to departure. Suitable for all ages. For bookings go to gobareboating.com
- Day trip to Whitehaven Beach – if you are not a sailors and don’t fancy skippering your own yacht, there are a range of incredible day tours, which will take you to the iconic Whitehaven Beach and for a snorkel on the fringing coral reefs. Pack your sense of adventure and your camera, as your day will be action packed. Tours depart from Abell Point Marina. For bookings go to oceanrafting.com.au or redcatadventures.com.au
- Tuk Tuk – operating from various locations throughout town, this novel and environmentally friendly way of seeing the sights is becoming increasingly popular. Just Tukin Around will collect you from any location in town and take you on a tour of the water-front boardwalks or the main street. Even if you just want a lift home from dinner to your accommodation, no journey is too small for these guys! Suitable for all ages and great fun for the kids.
So, book your adventure and enjoy the Whitsundays as you stay, play, explore!
Share this Post